The Byodo-In Temple in Hawaii
Aug. 11, 2018Leave a comment
I’m going to take everyone on a tour at the Byodo-In Temple in Hawaii!
What is the Byodo-In Temple?
The Byodo-In Temple is a Buddhist temple. It is non-denominational. This temple is dedicated to the first Japanese people who immigrated to Hawaii. It is a replica of a Buddhist temple in Japan, but a smaller version of it. FYI, this temple is not a practicing Buddhist temple, and everyone of all faiths are welcomed to the temple! Also, please be quiet and respectful when you’re in this area. It is still a religious place.
It is located in Kaneohe, Hawaii. Address: 47-200 Kahekili Highway Kaneohe, HI 96744
Parking is available. You’ll see it as soon as you drive in. Entrance fee is $5.00 per person (general admission).
This is what you’ll see when you drive there…and arrive…
Crossing the bridge to the Byodo-In Temple
At the Byodo-In Temple
You can read facts about koi fish here.
There is a gift shop where you can purchase food for koi fish.
The smell was unbearable. lol.
I highly recommend wearing mosquito repellent, or you’ll be eaten alive!
Into the temple we go! Take off your shoes!
Take off your shoes when you’re in the temple. You can put them back on when you’re outside.
The last views of the Byodo-In Temple!
Goodbye Byodo-In Temple. You are truly a blessing to the world.
- Hours: Daily, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Gift shop: Daily, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Last entrance: 4:45 pm
- Cash Only.
- General Admission: $5.00 (ages 13-64)
- Seniors: $4.00 (ages 65+)
- Children: $2.00 (ages 2-12)
- 10+ people: General Admission is $4.00, Children is $2.00
- Be quiet, respectful, and considerate.
- Removal of shoes before entering temple.
- Lots of mosquitoes. Wear mosquito repellent!! Wear clothes that cover your body! I was bitten so many times! Ouch!
- The Byodo-In Temple has been featured in many TV Shows, such as Hawaii Five-0, Lost, and Pearl Harbor.
- The temple is also used for meetings and weddings.
- Restrooms available.
Hiking Day at Manoa Falls in Hawaii
Adventure, Adventures, Beautiful, Beauty, Beauty Blog, Beauty Blogger, Blog, Blogger, Buddhist Temple, Byodo In, Byodo In Temple, Cool, Fave, Favorite, Fish, Hawaii, Hawaii Life, Hawaii Love, Healthy, Hiking, Honolulu, Honolulu Life, In Love, Island, Island Life, Japan, Kaneohe, Koi Fish, Lets Go, Life, Life Tips, Lifestyle, Lifestyle Blog, Lifestyle Blogger, Like, Living Life, Love It, Memorial Park, Oahu, Oahu Island, Ocean, Photo, Photography, Pictures, Pretty, Read, Religious, Subscribe, Swimming, Temple, Travel, Travel Blog, Travel Blogger, Travel Tips, Traveling, Travelling, Valley of the Temples, Vlog, Walking, Wanderlust, Wanderlusting, Watch, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog