Waimea Bay North Shore Hawaii
Aug. 21, 2018Leave a comment
Aloha Waimea Bay! Waimea Bay is a beautiful beach on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. A famous surfing beach due to the large shore breaks during the winter season. In the summertime, the waters are more calm. A perfect time for swimming and snorkeling. Waimea Bay is also well-known for the gigantic rock (pictured above with me) called Jump Rock. It is approximately 25 ft high. You can climb up to the top of the rock and jump off if you choose to do so. If you’ve been here, have you jumped off the rock? Share your experience with me. 🙂
North Shore, Oahu
Free parking lot. Just watch out for chickens and roosters running around freely. They are so cute!
E komo mai! Welcome to Waimea Bay!
Some fun facts about Waimea Bay:
- It is known for fishing and agricultural lands where Hawaiins grew taro, sweet potato, and many other traditional crops.
- Surfing in Waimea Bay is a long-standing tradition.
- Eddie Aikau is a famous lifeguard and surfer of Waimea Bay.
- Waves in the wintertime can reach up to 40 plus feet!
- A place for winter surfers and ocean lovers.
- In Hawaiin, Waimea means “reddish water.”
Views of Waimea Bay at a Glance:
Yes, that’s what the warning sign says. If you simply look at the rock, it looks easy. If you’re there in person, it looks bigger and more dangerous. The waves were pretty strong when I was at Waimea Bay. I was almost pulled into the ocean just by dipping my feet into the ocean water! Luckily, nothing bad happened. I would only recommend experienced divers and good swimmers to participate in this activity.
*Watch the waves of Waimea Bay here*
*Watch the waves of Waimea Bay near the Jump Rock here*
A sudden change in weather at Waimea Bay.
*Watch the waters on the other side of the Jump Rock here*
I was pretty fascinated by it. 🙂
Goodbye Waimea Bay…
It’s so green as ever.
A rooster roaming around the grass.
Have you been to Waimea Bay on the North Shore of Hawaii? How did you like it? Share your visit and experience!
- Free parking near the beach.
- Picnic tables, rest rooms (it smells though, lol), showers are available.
- Waves can get pretty strong, so be careful.
- Nice beach for a picnic if you’re not into swimming, surfing, or snorkeling.
North Shore Hawaii Adventures:
*Laniakea Beach Turtle Beach North Shore Hawaii*
*Explore North Shore Hawaii*
Adventure, Aloha, Amazing, Beach, Beach Life, Beachy, Beautiful, Beauty Blog, Beauty Blogger, Blog, Blogger, Couple Goals, Driving, Eddie Aikau, Everyday, Everyday Life, Fish, Goals, Haleiwa, Hawaii, Hawaii Life, Hawaii Love, Hawaii Photography, Hawaii Photos, Hawaiin, Hi Life, Honolulu, Island, Island Life, Jump Rock, Life, Life Goals, Lifestyle, Lifestyle Blog, Lifestyle Blogger, Living Life, Love, Love It, Nature, Nature Photography, North Shore, North Shore of Hawaii, Oahu, Oahu Island, Ocean, Ocean Water, Once in a Lifetime, Photo, Photography, Photos, Pic, Pretty, Rock, Rock Jump, Romantic, Snorkeling, Surfing, Swim, Swimming, Together, Travel, Traveling, Travelling, Us, Video, Video of the Day, Waimea, Waimea Bay, Wanderlust, Wanderlusting, Waves, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog, Yolo, Youtube
A Day at Kailua Beach Lanikai Beach
May. 27, 2018Leave a comment
Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach: The Epitome of Perfection.
Today, I decided to make my way to two beaches: Kailua and Lanikai. When I think of Hawaii, this is exactly what I pictured it to be. These beaches are the epitome of perfection. The sand is fine, white, and powdery to touch. The ocean water is cool and pristine. Flawless. Kailua and Lanikai are absolute gems. An ideal getaway for a day of relaxation, swimming, and taking beautiful photographs.
What does Kailua mean? What does Lanikai mean?
Kailua means “Two Seas.” Lanikai means “Heavenly Ocean.”
They are both located Windward East Side of Oahu.
Where to Park:
Lanikai has street parking. The area is residential, so be aware of that. Kailua, on the other hand, has many parking lots available and street parking. Parking is free.
Did you know?
Lanikai is ranked one of the best beaches in the world!
Which beach to visit first?
It doesn’t matter! I spent a good amount of time in Lanikai and decided to make my way to Kailua soon after. I instantly fell in love with Kailua. These beaches are neighboring beaches, so you can hop from one to another in a short amount of time. To get to Kailua, I crossed a bridge. If you want, you can swim over. But, I had items, such as my bag, food, clothes, and such. The photo makes it look easy to cross over. It’s actually pretty deep. There were tiny little fishies swimming around all over.
Offshore islands you must see!
1. A pair of islands, Na Mokulua or The Mokes, is located offshore of Lanikai Beach. The name means “Two Islands.” They are called Moku Nui (larger) and Moku Iki (smaller). You can get a permit to go to the larger island (designated areas are off-limits though), but the smaller island is entirely off-limits. Both are Hawaii State Seabird Sanctuaries.
2. A flat island offshore of Kailua is called Popoi’a, which translates to “Rotten Fish.” It is one of the smallest offshore islands of Oahu. It is also a Hawaii State Seabird Sanctuary.
3. Mokoli’i island or most notably known as “Chinaman’s Hat” can be seen from these beaches. Mokoli’i means “Little Lizard.” The name comes from Hawaiin mythology. As for the other term, it is called “Chinaman’s Hat” because it resembles an Asian conical hat.
Enjoying the Beach Life. 😉
As the day went on, it became very windy. It wasn’t cold though. Can you spot any offshore islands mentioned above? The views are from Kailua Beach. 🙂
Goodbye Kailua. Farewell Lanikai. 🖖
Have you been to Kailua Beach and Lanikai Beach? Share your experience! 🙂
P.S. My breakfast before the beach. Keeping it clean and healthy.
- Bring sunblock and use it regularly. A beach umbrella would be nice.
- There’s free parking. To grab a spot, you need to arrive early. I arrived between 8:00 am – 9:00 am and was unable to park in the lot. I parked on the street instead.
Hawaii: Koi Fish, Poke Bowl, Waikiki Sunset
Adventure, Aloha, Amazing, Backpacking, Beach, Beach Life, Beaches, Beautiful, Beautiful Day, Belly Fat, Best Beach, Blog, Blogger, Blue, Blue Water, Boat, Burn Fat, Chinaman's Hat, Clouds, Couple, Couple Goals, Escape, Everyday, Fave, Favorite, Fish, Fit Life, Fitness, Fitness Goals, Flat Island, Fly, Food, Footprints, Fruit, Getaway, Goals, Grand Adventure, Happiness, Happy, Hawaii, Hawaiin, Healthy, Honolulu, In Love, Island, Island Life, Kailua, Kayak, Lanikai, Life, Life Goals, Lifestyle, Like, Love, Love It, Lovely Day, Nature, Nature Photo, Nature Photography, No Stress, Oahu, Ocean, Ocean Life, Offshore, Photo, Photography, Picture, Pretty, Relaxation, Romantic, Sand, Scenery, Scenic, Share, Sky, Snacks, Stress Free, Subscribe, Sunshine, Swim, Swimmer, Swimming, Things Couples Do, Together, Tranquil, Tranquility, Travel, Trip, Two Islands, Vacation, Video, Vlog, Vlogger, Wanderlust, Watch, Water, Weight Loss, Workout, Youtube