First Impression: Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation
Nov. 16, 2019Leave a comment
Here’s my first impression of Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation. I’ve used it twice already. But let’s get to know more about this foundation. 🙂
- Full coverage
- Matte finish formula
- Completely covers blemishes, imperfections, uneven skin tone, long-lasting, flawless-looking skin
- Liquid formulation
- For normal, combination, oily skin
- Lightweight, creamy texture
- Goes on smooth
- Doesn’t settle and doesn’t look or feel like you’re wearing a mask made of foundation
- Full coverage formula that doesn’t look or feel like a full-coverage foundation
- Creates long-lasting matte finish
The first time I used Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation, I was very impressed. It felt soft and smooth on my skin. The coloring of the foundation worked for me. It blends into my skin very well. I liked it. This is what it looks like.
Here, I dispensed too much foundation out of the tube for one application. This foundation is very concentrated. It comes in a 1.01 fl oz tube, but you don’t need a lot for a full face coverage. It acts as a foundation and a concealer in one. It does cover blemishes, acne scars, and other imperfections. I didn’t have to use too much concealer for my dark under eye circles or blemishes. It’s that awesome.
When I used it the second time (today), I felt the same way about this foundation. It works for me, and I really like it. I like it a lot more than my other foundations Dr Jart+ Silver Label Rejuvenating BB Cream, Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation, and elf Flawless Finish Foundation. After trying Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation, I won’t repurchase Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation and elf Flawless Finish Foundation again. I found something better, and this is it! I will always like Dr Jart+ Silver Label Rejuvenating BB Cream. I use it as a base before I apply my foundation, since I can’t find a SPF that works for my skin. I have Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer SPF 30, but it’s not working for me. It dries my skin out. I need some form of SPF in my morning routine. Dr Jart+ Silver Label does it for the time being. It’s better than using nothing.
Have you used Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation before? What are your thoughts on it? Share in the comment section.
Beauty, Combination Skin, Cosmetics, Foundation, Full Coverage, Life, Lifestyle, Makeup, Makeup Products, Matte, Matte Finish, Normal Skin, Oil Free, Oily Skin, Porcelain, Review, Sephora Collection, Sephora Cosmetics, Sephora Makup, Sephora Matte Perfection Foundation, Smudge Proof, Thoughts, Update, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog
The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution, First Night
Nov. 12, 2019Leave a comment
I’m really obsessed with The Ordinary skin care products right now. I’ve always wanted to try them, but I didn’t until now. I’m happy that I gave them a chance. Here’s another one that I wanted to try. It’s the AHA 30% + BHA 2% 10-Minute Exfoliatin Facial Peel. So what is it?
- For normal, combination, oily skin
- For blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, and uneven texture
- Exfolating solution to help fight visible blemishes
- Improve skin texture and radiance
- Glycolic acid exfoliates outer layers of the skin
- Lactic acid exfolaites outer layers of the skin
- Salicylic acid exfoliates inside the pores to reduce congestion
- Sulfate-free (SLS and SLES)
- No mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban
- Contains less than 1% of synthetic fragrances
How to Use:
- Apply to clean, dry face
- Leave on for 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water
- Use ideally in PM, no more frequently than twice per week
- Do not use on wet skin
- Do not leave on for longer than 10 minutes
- If persistent irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician
I used The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution only once. This week, I’m going to use it twice. This is a 10 minute exfoliating facial peel. It has a combination of 30% AHA and 2% BHA. It’s supposed to help with blemishes and make the skin look smoother in texture for a more radiant look. That’s what it says anyways. What I did was dispense some product onto my fingertips and smoothed it all over my face (dry skin). Left the product on for 10 minutes and rinsed it off. I didn’t feel my skin tingle at all. This is a higher percentage of glycolic acid that I’m using too. I’ve used glycolic acid that’s below 30% (10%), and my skin tingled/burned. After using the facial peel, I didn’t notice any changes in my skin afterwards. It says to use twice a week. No more than that. Let’s see how this goes! I’m excited!
Have you used The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution before? Share your experience!
AHA, BHA, Blemishes, Combination Skin, Dull Skin, Exfoliate, Exfoliating, Face Peel, Facial Peel, Fine Lines, Gluten-Free, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Lifestyle, No Animal Testing, Normal Skin, Oily Skin, Paraben Free, Peel, Radiance, Salicylic Acid, Skin Care, Skin Care Routine, Skin Care Tips, Skincare, The Ordinary, The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution, The Oridinary Skin Care Products, Uneven Skin, Uneven Skin Tone, Vegan, Vegan Skin Care, Vegan Skin Care Products, Wrinkles, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog