Review: elf Concealers
Oct. 8, 2019Leave a comment
Here’s a review on elf concealers.
- elf HD Lifting Concealer
- elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen
- elf Color Correcting Stick
Let’s start of with the elf HD Lifting Concealer.
This is my favorite concealer out of the three. It is thick and provides coverage. It’s great underneath the eyes and concealing flaws. It’s great for the price. The only gripe with this concealer is that the color isn’t truly fair. It’s more of a light to medium shade. I think I would purhcase this again due to its consistency, and it does provide good coverage. The product feels very soft and lightweight on the skin.
This isn’t a true concealer. It’s a ‘color correcting’ pen. It’s supposed to brighten the skin up. I didn’t see the point to this product. Why not just use a concealer that is actually a concealer. I won’t buy this again. Next!
This is a color correcting stick for dark under eye circles. The shade of this product is orange. The orange color helps to neutralize the bluish tones. This may work for some people, but it didn’t work for me. Maybe it’s because my dark under eye circles are just terrible. I don’t think I would purchase this again. The orange color was very difficult to blend into my skin even with regular concealer on top. It simply didn’t work. If you look at the first photo, the product became loose and fell out. haha.
Have you used any of these products?
Beauty, Beauty Products, Beauty Tips, Brighten Shadows, Color Correcting Stick, Dark Circles, elf, elf Cosmetics, elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen, elf HD Lifting Concealer, Fair, Makeup, Makeup Products, Makeup Tips, Review, Thoughts, Tired Eyes, Under Eye Circles
Update: elf Flawless Finish Foundation
Sep. 13, 2019Leave a comment
Here’s an update on elf Flawless Finish Foundation. I’ve used this foundation for about 1 month on and off. The first shade I used was called Lily (fairest fair with yellow undertones). I’m not using it anymore. It makes my skin too yellow. I’m currently using Swan (fairest fair with peach undertones). I really wanted to try Pearl (fairest fair with neutral undertones). That’s if I’ll ever get to that point. haha. Let’s begin this updated review! 🙂
Shade: The elf Flawless Finish Foundation has a lot of shades to choose from. That’s awesome. You’re not stuck with 5 shades like the elf Acne Fighting Foundation collection.
Texture: This liquid foundation is lightweight. It feels like your typical liquid foundation. It’s not thick.
Finish: It is semi-matte. It gave my skin a dewy appearance. Some people might like that, but I have oily skin. It just looks like my skin produced more oil.
Coverage: I would love to say that it’s light-moderate or full coverage. It’s not. It’s has light coverage. I had to use more product to move up to moderate coverage, and that didn’t work as I hoped for. Even with a makeup primer.
Fragrance: It has a subtle fragrance. Take it or leave it.
Breakouts?: I haven’t noticed any.
- After using the elf Acne Fighting Foundation, elf Flawless Finish Foundation isn’t as great anymore. There’s no to little coverage when it comes to this foundation. I am getting tired of layering more and more foundation onto my skin. The color is decent, but I feel like I have to use more product than I should.
- There’s no SPF. I would like a foundation that contains SPF. I wear sunblock underneath my foundation, but I still want that extra layer of SPF on my skin.
- It’s cool that it’s only $6, but it’s not living up to my expectations. I think this is why I like BB Creams. They’re an all in one type of product, and it’s better to have something like that than just a foundation for coverage alone. I felt like I was missing out wearing a basic foundation without the extra benefits. BB Creams usually contain SPF too. I’ll be on the search for a new BB Cream to try. Boy, my love for BB Creams are coming back. It was going to happen sooner or later. :]
- I think this is the last time I’m going to purchase elf Flawless Finish Foundation. Love the price. It’ not for me. I need more punches to my foundation if it’s going to sit on my skin.
Those are my thoughts. Leave your own thoughts on the elf Flawless Finish Foundation in the comment section. 🙂
Acne Skin, Beauty, Beauty Blog, Cruelty Free, Cruelty Free Makeup, Drugstore Cosmetics, Drugstore Makeup, elf, elf Cosmetics, elf makeup, Everyday Life, For All Skin Types, Foundation, Life, Lifestyle, Lightweight, Lily, Liquid Foundation, Makeup, Makeup Foundation, Natural, New Foundation, Oil Free, Oily Skin, Semi-Matte, Shopping, Vegan, Vegan Makeup, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog