Review: elf Concealers
Oct. 8, 2019Leave a comment
Here’s a review on elf concealers.
- elf HD Lifting Concealer
- elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen
- elf Color Correcting Stick
Let’s start of with the elf HD Lifting Concealer.
This is my favorite concealer out of the three. It is thick and provides coverage. It’s great underneath the eyes and concealing flaws. It’s great for the price. The only gripe with this concealer is that the color isn’t truly fair. It’s more of a light to medium shade. I think I would purhcase this again due to its consistency, and it does provide good coverage. The product feels very soft and lightweight on the skin.
This isn’t a true concealer. It’s a ‘color correcting’ pen. It’s supposed to brighten the skin up. I didn’t see the point to this product. Why not just use a concealer that is actually a concealer. I won’t buy this again. Next!
This is a color correcting stick for dark under eye circles. The shade of this product is orange. The orange color helps to neutralize the bluish tones. This may work for some people, but it didn’t work for me. Maybe it’s because my dark under eye circles are just terrible. I don’t think I would purchase this again. The orange color was very difficult to blend into my skin even with regular concealer on top. It simply didn’t work. If you look at the first photo, the product became loose and fell out. haha.
Have you used any of these products?
Beauty, Beauty Products, Beauty Tips, Brighten Shadows, Color Correcting Stick, Dark Circles, elf, elf Cosmetics, elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen, elf HD Lifting Concealer, Fair, Makeup, Makeup Products, Makeup Tips, Review, Thoughts, Tired Eyes, Under Eye Circles
Unbox elf Makeup Haul
Aug. 27, 2019Leave a comment
My elf makeup products are here! This is what I bought. From left to right.
- elf Poreless Putty Primer
- elf Need it Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen
- elf Makeup Mist & Set
- elf Flawless Finish Foundation
- elf HD Powder
That’s quite a list. Let’s start from the top!
1. elf Poreless Putty Primer
- Smoothes the skin
- Preps it with Squalane to help moisturize and grip makeup for all-day wear
- Velvety texture glides over the skin, smoothing over imperfections for a poreless effect
I purchased the Poreless Putty Primer after I realized how the elf Brightening Lavender Face Primer clogged my pores and gave me acne. I was really excited about this product at first, but I don’t know anymore. My skin really doesn’t like primers. The ones I’ve used anyways. I might have to test it out at least once to see how it goes. Just not right now.
My review on the elf Brightening Lavender Face Primer here.
2. elf Need it Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- 10 nude eyeshadow shades
- Collection of hues ideal for shading, highlighting, and defining the eyes
- Silky smooth texture can be used as a liner, on the lid, and in the crease of the eye for an expertly contoured and blended effect
I have a lot of eyeshadows already, and I tend to use the same colors daily. They’re usually neutral colors. Let’s welcome this palette to my never-ending eyeshadow collection! haha.
3. elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen
- Targets skin concerns to help neutralize imperfections
- Rose color helps brighten shadows under the eyes
- Can be used to highlight other areas of the face on lighter skin tones for a flawless look
I really needed something like this in life. I have terrible dark under eye circles. The concealer I’m using wasn’t cutting it. I think this is one of the downsides of having a lighter skin tone. Every flaw is 10x magnified, especially the dark under eye circles! I really hope this correcting pen/concealer works!
4. elf Makeup Mist & Set
- Prevents colors from running or fading
- Help keep makeup stay in place
- Soothe skin with key ingredients: Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamins A, C, & E
I’m overdue for a new makeup setting spray. That’s all I have to say.
5. elf Flawless Finish Foundation
Read about the elf Flawless Foundation here.
I chose a new shade this time named Swan. The first one I bought was Lily. Honestly, I’m just messing around with different shades to see which one works on my complexion. 🙂
6. elf HD Powder
- High definition loose powder creates “soft focus” effect on the skin
- Mask fine lines and imperfections for radiant looking complexion
- New and improved design with open-and-close inner dial helps control amount of product dispensed for mess-free, easy-use
I’m hooked on HD Powders to control the oil slick on my face. Check out my post on HD Powders here. I’m really looking forward to this HD Powder (loose powder), and the HD Powder in the compact.
Have you used any of the elf makeup products shown? Did they work out for you? Share your thoughts!
Cruelty Free, efl Poreless Putty, elf, elf Flawless Color Correcting Pen, elf Flawless Finish Foundation, elf HD Powder, elf makeup, elf Makeup Mist Set, elf Need it Nude Eyeshadow Palette, elf Products, Eye Makeup, Foundation, HD Powder, Lifestyle, Liquid Foundation, Makeup Spray, Primer, Thoughts, Unbox, Vegan, Vegan Makeup, Vegan Makeup Products, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog