Review: Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub Vitamin A & Glycolic Acid
Here’s my review on product #2 from my vegan skin care haul. First, I want to say that I haven’t used a face scrub in ages. My last face scrub was Acure Brightening Facial Scrub. I stopped using Acure because it didn’t brighten my skin or do anything special to it. I thought the scrub was very harsh on my skin too, and I don’t have sensitive skin. Acure really put me off from using face scrubs altogether.
But, one day, I decided to try something new. I found Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub. It says right on the tube that it contains Vitamin A and Glycolic Acid. I used to use Glycolic Acid many moons ago. It was my go-to ingredient to battle acne. I remember it doing a great job at smoothing out my skin. Oh, memories. That’s one of the main reasons why I chose this face scrub.
Let’s get to know this face scrub a little bit more…
About Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub
- Deep cleansing
- Creamy scrub
- Gently removes impurities
- Reveals a more radiant, refreshed you
- Vitamin A, Glycolic Acid, and Apricot Seed Powder exfoliate for a smoother, younger-looking complexion
- 100% Vegan
- Wind Energy (Certificates)
- Apply to clean, wet skin and gently scrub desired areas in circular motions for up to 1 minute
- Less pressure is recommended for sensitive skin
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry
- Use twice a week
Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate (Sugar Starch), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Decyl Glucoside (Plant Derived), Polysorbate 60, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Xanthan Gum, Bakuchiol, Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemon Grass) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance Oils
Onto the review! This is what the face scrub looks like. It looks like your typical apricot scrub. The Apricot Seed Powder is small and doesn’t feel harsh on the skin. The texture of the scrub was soft and creamy too. The combination of those attributes made the face scrub feel nice on the skin. I didn’t think it tugged on my skin or anything like that. I enjoyed using this face scrub each time because of that. Much better compared to my previous face scrub for sure.
The scrub does have sweet smell to it. I can’t put my finger on it, but I didn’t think it was bothersome. Besides the texture and smell of the product. Does it work? I would say…YES! I’ve been using this face scrub for 1 week already. And, I absolutely love the way it makes my skin feel afterwards. Exfoliated, smooth, soft, and clean. It didn’t dry my skin out. Remember that I have oily, acne-prone skin. The first time I used the face scrub, I saw pimples forming out of the blue. They appeared to be pushing out of the skin. As I continued to use it, my skin started to clear up. If you have clogged pores, be aware that there may be an initial breakout. It’s only been 1 week for me, but I am looking forward to using this face scrub. So far, I like what I see, and I hope to continue to see improvements overtime. Wish me luck!
So have you used Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub? Did it work for you? Share!!!
September 3, 2019 UPDATE:
I’m still using Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub. I do really like using it as my facial scrub. But there are a few things that are bothering me.
- I love the creaminess of the facial scrub, but the formula made it difficult to move across the face smoothly.
- Every single time I use this facial scrub, I had a hard time removing the scrub from my skin.
With those two points in mind, I want a facial scrub that moves across the skin much more effortlessly. Signs point to not buying this face scrub again. That’s what I’m thinking right now.
September 9, 2019 UPDATE: I stopped using Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub since my last update. I went off to search for a new face scrub and stumbled upon this face scrub — Bliss Micro Magic Skin-renewing Microdermabrasion Scrub. Let’s see how this one goes. 🙂
Why did I stop using Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Scrub?
- I didn’t enjoy the thick, creamy formula. As I said in my last update, it was very difficult to move the face scrub across my face. I used enough water too. The texture of the scrub was not my cup of tea. It was also difficult to remove the scrub from my skin. So annoying!
- Results were meh. I was expecting more.
- It didn’t really do much for my skin in the end. I decided to let go and move on.