Finding the PERFECT sunblock + Other Skin Care Products
I have some skin care products to share. This is what I have.
- Differin Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- RejuveNaturals Skin Clarifying Vitamin C+ Serum
- Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Eye Patch
- Bamboo Charcoal Black Mask Peel-Off Blackhead Removal
Today, I’m going to review three items. They are the Differin Moisturizer, RejuveNaturals Skin Clarifying Vitamin C+ Serum, and Bamboo Charcoal Black Mask Peel-Off Blackhead Removal. I’ll review the Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Eye Patch some other time.
Differin Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30:
I’ve been having trouble finding a good sunblock for my skin type. SPF is necessary to protect the skin. It’s been hard finding one that’s suitable for my skin type. That doesn’t break me out. I tried Differin again.
What it claims to do…
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection in an oil free, lightweight, formula that won’t clog pores
- Micropearl technology absorbs surface oil for a matte finish
- For people with oily skin
- Not greasy
- Fragrance free
This is what happened…
- It did feel lightweight on the skin, but it did leave my skin feeling moisturized
- IT CLOGGED MY PORES! :'(
- It’s doesn’t leave the skin ‘matte’. Rather oily-looking.
- It did not absorb surface oils at all.
- I would not recommend this for people with oily skin. I have oily skin, and it made me break-out.
- Love that it’s fragrance-free. Why does it matter if it breaks me out? I gave up on it.
I’m highly disappointed in this sunblock again. I gave it so many chances because it says that it’s made for oily skin and won’t clog pores. Well, it’s time to move onto something else. I’m officially done with the Differin Moisturizer. Do not buy this if you have acne-prone skin. Do not buy this if your skin breaks out easily. It’s too oily.
RejuveNaturals Skin Clarifying Vitamin C+ Serum:
RejuvaNaturals Skin Clarifying Vitamin C+ Serum advertises itself to be a Vitamin C Serum with a lot of other benefits (Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol, Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, MSM). I used it for 3 days, and I stopped. The reason why because I developed the worst whiteheads. I know it was this serum because once I introduced it into my skin routine, the breakouts started. I’m staying away from ‘Skin Clarifying’ skin care products from now on. It just makes it worse. 🙁 I don’t recommend this for anyone with acne. It’s more of a essentail oil serum. That’s exactly what it smells like. Not much of a Vitamin C serum. Bleh. No more.
Bamboo Charcoal Black Mask Peel-Off Blackhead Removal:
I’ve used the Charcoal Black Mask twice. Honestly, I wasn’t too impressed. It didn’t remove blackheads. I can see that it removed dead skin cells, but that’s from peeling the mask off of my face. I can do the same thing with an exfoliator. Blackheads can be removed by using an extractor tool. It’s only a few bucks for an extractor tool, and you have more control over what you can remove. I was hoping for something wonderous wth the Charcoal Black Mask. Meh. Try it for fun if you want. Don’t expect spectacular results. I didn’t think it was worth it. Invest in an extractor tool instead. Your bank account will be very appreciative of you.
Next up, a review on Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Eye Patch! 🙂
Eye Patch, Face Mask, Serum, Skin Brightener, Skin Care, SunblockTags:
Bamboo Charcoal, Bamboo Charcoal Black Mask, Differin, Differin Moisturizer, Koelf, Koelf Ruby Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Eye Patch, RejuveNaturals, RejuveNaturals Skin Clarifying Vitamin C+ Serum, Sunblock