BB Creams & Foundations for Acne Skin
I have a huge obsession with foundations that provide coverage, sun protection, anti-aging, and skin whitening benefits (helps to even out the complexion and reduces the appearance of acne scars/post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) all in one. I find it pointless wearing a foundation on my skin that doesn’t provide any beneficial properties. Providing the skin with coverage isn’t enough for me! From the photo, from left to right:
- Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 35/PA++
- Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream SPF 30/PA++
- Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm BB Triple Functions (Orange)
- Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm BB Triple Functions (Hot Pink)
- Skin79 Super BB Cream VIP Gold Collection (Gold)
- Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream SPF 30 PA++
- Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 35/PA++:
Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 35/PA++ is still my current BB Cream. I’ve been using it for about over a year. I’ve gone through tube after tube. When a makeup product doesn’t cause break-outs on my skin, I stick with it. This BB Cream didn’t break me out at all. I love it. It makes my skin look nice, and it’s nice to know that it’s not harming my skin when I have it on. It provides some coverage. BB Creams, in general, from my experience, do not provide much coverage even though it comes out thick in texture. That is fine with me because I like the natural look anyways. I can’t stand cakey makeup on my skin or a face full of foundation that makes me look artificial. So it’s perfect for everyday wear. Also, it has whitening and anti-aging properties. This BB Cream is great for the combination-oily skin type like myself. I just wished it came in more shades.
So I bought Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
About Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15:
- Without makeup, see improved clarity, more even skin tone, visibly diminished age spots
- For all ethnicities — I’m not sure why they had to mention this. haha.
- In just 4-6 weeks
- Broad Spectrum SPF helps to prevent future darkening — It contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide!
I bought Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 for a special event, since BB Creams don’t provide much coverage as I like. Plus, I didn’t like how the BB Cream I had (Dr Jart+) made my skin appear more dull and dry-looking. It’s awesome for everyday use, but I needed something that makes my skin look more elegant and flawless just for the night. Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is very similar to a BB Cream (evens out the skin tone, provides sun protection), but it has more coverage. It blends into the skin much easier too, since it’s a liquid foundation. I was really cautious in choosing a liquid foundation. I’ve been liquid foundation-free for goodness knows how many years. I don’t like the way most liquid foundations feel on my skin. I was worried that Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 would break me out. Even though I’ve only used it for a few days, I noticed that I would get tiny clogged pores when I applied this foundation heavily on my skin (for more coverage). Otherwise, I didn’t get break-outs when I applied a thin layer on my skin. Let’s see how this goes!
Other BB Creams:
Even though I loveeeee Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream SPF 35/PA++. The shade is horrendous! I’ve said this so many times. It makes my skin DULL. I can’t seem to find another BB Cream that won’t irritate my skin and cause break-outs. Today is the day that I will be venturing out to other BB Creams. I have samples. I decided to try two Skin79 BB Creams. I chose Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm BB Triple Functions Hot Pink and Orange. Hot Pink has so many raves and is the most popular one out of the bunch. But then, the Orange is for blemished skin. Here’s a comparison between the Hot Pink, Gold, and Orange Skin79 BB Creams.
Let’s break this down quick!
For oily skin? Hot Pink and Orange.
For Pore Skin? Hot Pink.
For Blemished Skin? Orange.
Gold is more for people with dry, combination skin. I’m swaying towards Hot Pink and Orange. All have whitening, sun protection, but Orange has the highest sun protection (SPF 50+/PA+++) while Hot Pink and Gold has the same (SPF 25/PA++).
I’m not going to try the Gold today. Only the Hot Pink and Orange. Here’s what I think from just using the samples.
- Whitens or helps with wrinkles? I can’t say.
- The BB Cream glides on smoothly and is easy to blend into the skin.
- It makes my skin look smooth and natural.
- Not heavy on the skin.
- The coverage is poor like most BB Creams. It does even out my skin tone though. That’s what I’m aiming for! My dark under eye circles needs more coverage. A concealer will do!
- Leaves the skin looking matte and dry.
- Makes my skin look dull. 🙁
- SPF 25/PA++ is great! Love the sun protection! It could be higher…
- Whitens or helps with wrinkles? Same as the Hot Pink. I can’t say. I need to use it more often to tell.
- Glides on smoothly and blends into the skin well.
- Makes my skin look smooth and natural too.
- Not heavy on the skin.
- Just like the Hot Pink, the coverage was meh, but it did even out my complexion.
- Left my skin looking matte, but by the end of the day, I did have some oily areas (cheeks). Nothing too major.
- Doesn’t make my skin look dull like the Hot Pink. It brightens my skin up a bit.
- SPF 50+/PA+++!!! Much, much better!
From my short experience with Skin79 Hot Pink and Orange BB Creams, I ended up purchasing the Orange one. It should be here in a couple of weeks. I really hope it works! *fingers crossed* The shade looks a lot better than the Skin79 Hot Pink and my Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream! I’m tired of my skin appearing dull when it’s not! It makes me look old and aged.
Has anyone used Skin79 Hot Pink, Orange, Gold, or any other BB Creams from Skin79? How about Etude House and Tony Moly? What BB Creams have worked for you? Share!
More on BB Creams:
Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm Triple Functions