My Makeup Routine
May. 4, 2019Leave a comment
It’s time! Here’s my makeup routine! 😊
Let me begin by saying that I do not have a daily makeup routine. It’s because I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis anymore. I used to. One day, I decided to let go of makeup. It happened gradually. I’ve only worn makeup about 5 times in the past months. I’ve been makeup-free for most days. It’s not because I’m lazy. It’s because makeup is not good for my skin type. It makes my skin oily and causes random breakouts. If makeup contributes to my acne, I prefer not to wear it. You might say that I’m wearing the wrong type of makeup. No, I am not. Imagine having naturally oily skin that is prone to acne and piling on makeup on top of that — that is pretty disaterous on a day-to-day basis. Makeup once in a while is OK. It’s not something I want to do every day. Makeup, in my honest opinion, is not good for the skin in general. So why wear makeup? I’ll answer that question in another post! Here are the makeup products that I use and have when I wear makeup.
I use Dr Jart Silver Label BB Cream or Skin79 Orange BB Cream. I prefer Dr Jart much more. The texture feels smoother and makes my skin look flawless. But, I’m not a big fan of either of these anymore. They haven’t helped with wrinkles, brightening, anti-aging, and so on. The only thing I liked about these BB Creams was the SPF. It stayed on my skin much longer compared to an SPF lotion that goes on clear. As of right now, I use it because I have it. I will be on the look out for a new BB Cream that is vegan and cruelty-free. OR, I’ll go back to using the good ‘ol basics: Powder Foundation & Concealer — I’m breaking the liquid foundation first rule, haha. Oh well! 😜
Speaking of powder foundations, I use Milani Even Touch Powder Foundation. I have one in my skin color and one that’s much darker as a bronzer. These work quite well for the price. From what I remember, they are under 10 bucks! You shouldn’t have to pay $20+ for foundation. This is just my opinion. At the moment, I use my BB Creams more often than my Milani powder foundations. As I said above, I’m thinking about switching it around, since powder foundations are 10x more lightweight on the skin. I prefer the natural look over the made-up look.
For my eyes, I use Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes. The same ones I introduced years ago. HAHAH! No, seriously. 😅 I haven’t purchased any new eyeshadows for years. My eyeshadow palettes have lasted for many, many years. I always make sure to disinfect my eyeshadows before using them. I don’t feel the need to buy a $50-$100 palette or have a collection of eyeshadows sitting around in the dust, to be honest. It’s a waste of money and space. I’m not the type of person to buy makeup palettes to stare at either. It’s not my thing.
Eyeliner & Mascara:
Other eye makeup products I use are mascara and eyeliner. For eyeliner, Milani. For mascara, I’m currently using NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara.
I do use blush. I use Milani blushes. I don’t think they’re the best, but I’m not going to drop $$$ just because I want new blushes. These work for the time being, and I still have them.
Last but not least…
That’s the mascra I was talking about earlier. The NYX concealer is actually pretty horrible. Since I still have lots of product left, I’m just making the most out of it. Don’t buy it. Once I’m done, I’ll move onto something new.
So that’s what I use. I know it’s not much, but it’s something. I think I prefer to keep my makeup routine low-maintinence and very minimal. How about you? Do you wear makeup every day? Do you not wear makeup? What are your favorite makeup products? Share your thoughts. Let’s talk!
Acne, Acne Skin, BB Cream, Beauty Blogger, Blemish Balm, Blog, Clear Skin, Dr Jart Rejuvenating Silver Label BB Cream, Dr Jart+, Everyday Lifestyle, Everyday Makeup, Foundation, Healthy Skin, Life, Lifestyle, Makeup, Milani, Minimalist, Minimalist Makeup, My Makeup Routine, NYX, Review, Skin79, Skin79 Makeup, Smooth Skin, Urban Decay, What I Use, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog
Urban Decay Naked Flushed, Urban Decay 24/7, Too Faced La Creme Color
Jun. 29, 2014Leave a comment
I went to Sephora and picked up some makeup goodies.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Strip
- Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Taffy
More information about these makeup products below:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
- Glide on color, slides on smooth
- Stays put for the duration of your non-stop, on-the-go day!
- Cushiony, creamy eye pencils deliver powerful, vibrant color
- Stays soft and creamy for blending (30 seconds)
- Dries to a long-lasting finish that won’t budge
- Line eyes with a hint of color or go full artistic
- Pencils go all day and all night
- No parabens, sulfates, phthalates
Urban Decay Naked Flushed
- Silky bronzer, highlighter, and blush
- Use these pressed powders individually or blend them together to create the right effect
- Micronized, jet-milled formula has a luxe, featherlight texture that feels amazing on skin and provides a flawless finish
- Light diffusing particles enhance and perfect for a fresh, glowy look (even at night)
- Color is intensely pigmented yet blends beautifully
- Universal shades for any skin tone
- Comes in a sleek case with an easy-open magnetic closure and mirror
- Compact enough for travel or mid-date touch-ups
Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream
- Rich and creamy lip color infused with moisturizing and strengthening benefits
- A luxurious color and super moisturizers including white lotus flower and power peptides
- Rich formula comes in abundant shades – four essential color ranges: nudes, spices, pinks, and reds
I’ll post up more photos of my purchase in another post!
Have you tried Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil, Urban Decay Naked Flushed, or Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream? Share your experience!
24/7, Beauty, Beauty Blogger, Beauty Tips, Blush, Bronzer, Everyday, Everyday Life, Everyday Makeup, Experience, Flushed, Life, Lifestyle, Like, Lip Color, Lip Cream, Makeup, Makeup Haul, Makeup Products, Makeup Tips, Naked, Read, Review, Sephora, Sephora Shopping Haul, Shop, Shopping, Shopping Haul, Skin Care, Skincare, Subscribe, Thoughts, Tips, Too Faced, Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream, Urban Decay, Urban Decay Glide On Pencil, Urban Decay Naked Flushed, xfurbeauty, xfurbeauty blog