Update: elf Flawless Finish Foundation
Here’s an update on elf Flawless Finish Foundation. I’ve used this foundation for about 1 month on and off. The first shade I used was called Lily (fairest fair with yellow undertones). I’m not using it anymore. It makes my skin too yellow. I’m currently using Swan (fairest fair with peach undertones). I really wanted to try Pearl (fairest fair with neutral undertones). That’s if I’ll ever get to that point. haha. Let’s begin this updated review! 🙂
Shade: The elf Flawless Finish Foundation has a lot of shades to choose from. That’s awesome. You’re not stuck with 5 shades like the elf Acne Fighting Foundation collection.
Texture: This liquid foundation is lightweight. It feels like your typical liquid foundation. It’s not thick.
Finish: It is semi-matte. It gave my skin a dewy appearance. Some people might like that, but I have oily skin. It just looks like my skin produced more oil.
Coverage: I would love to say that it’s light-moderate or full coverage. It’s not. It’s has light coverage. I had to use more product to move up to moderate coverage, and that didn’t work as I hoped for. Even with a makeup primer.
Fragrance: It has a subtle fragrance. Take it or leave it.
Breakouts?: I haven’t noticed any.
- After using the elf Acne Fighting Foundation, elf Flawless Finish Foundation isn’t as great anymore. There’s no to little coverage when it comes to this foundation. I am getting tired of layering more and more foundation onto my skin. The color is decent, but I feel like I have to use more product than I should.
- There’s no SPF. I would like a foundation that contains SPF. I wear sunblock underneath my foundation, but I still want that extra layer of SPF on my skin.
- It’s cool that it’s only $6, but it’s not living up to my expectations. I think this is why I like BB Creams. They’re an all in one type of product, and it’s better to have something like that than just a foundation for coverage alone. I felt like I was missing out wearing a basic foundation without the extra benefits. BB Creams usually contain SPF too. I’ll be on the search for a new BB Cream to try. Boy, my love for BB Creams are coming back. It was going to happen sooner or later. :]
- I think this is the last time I’m going to purchase elf Flawless Finish Foundation. Love the price. It’ not for me. I need more punches to my foundation if it’s going to sit on my skin.
Those are my thoughts. Leave your own thoughts on the elf Flawless Finish Foundation in the comment section. 🙂
First Impression: elf Flawless Finish Foundation
I’ve used elf Flawless Finish Foundation once. I know that’s not a huge amount of time, but I wanted to document my thoughts on this foundation. Before I begin, I have combination-oily skin that clogs very easily. Let’s start off with the shade, since my experience with BB Creams have been bleh!
Shade: The shade of this foundation is absolutely awesome! It matches my skin tone very well. It brightens my complexion and looks natural on my skin. Wow, what a difference in my overall complexion! It glows! Love the color! ♥
Texture: It’s lightweight, and it feels like your typical liquid foundation. I haven’t used one of these in ages! It does take more work to blend into the skin compared to my BB Creams. I think that has to do with the amount of silicones in BB Creams, which makes it silky and smooth. You can use a makeup primer beforehand. Your choice. I’ll have to search for a makeup primer to use with this foundation soon. I would love to test that out!
Finish: What the bottle says — semi-matte. It didn’t make my skin look too oily or greasy. Gave it a nice soft, natural sheen. Powder can be used on top to diminish the shine.
Coverage: I’d say light-moderate. Somewhere in between. It’s definitely not full coverage. I can still see my freckles through the foundation. That isn’t a bad thing. In my opinion, I think a makeup primer would help to prolong the application of the foundation a lot better. Also, so the foundation can glide on much easier and smoother. As I mentioned before, I must find a decent makeup primer soon! ? The last makeup primer I used was from Smashbox. That makeup primer made me break-out. Ahem, blackheads.
Fragrance: If you’re sensitive to fragrance, it does have a subtle smell to it when the product is pumped out of the bottle. When it’s on the skin, there’s not much of a fragrance. The fragrance hasn’t bothered me yet.
SPF?: It doesn’t have SPF. It is important to wear sunblock underneath your makeup to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays.
Breakouts?: It’s really difficult to tell when I’ve only used it once, but I didn’t see any new breakouts when I removed my makeup.
Final Thoughts: This foundation feels much better on my skin compared to my BB Creams. Here’s why:
- With BB Creams, there’s only a few shades available. Even the lightest shades of BB Creams, they were too dark on my skin. The BB Cream would change in color. They made my skin look dull and unnatural. I can easily say ‘fake’ and caked on. Gross!
- BB Creams from Asia are really thick and foundation-like. It feels like silky clay (if that makes any sense). It felt as if I was wearing a mask. Honestly, I can tell who has BB Cream on or not just by looking. It gives the skin a glass-like sheen on the face.
- BB Creams are stickier on the skin. It would transfer onto my sunglasses and clothes. Such a disaster. I used a makeup spray after I apply my makeup, and this still happened. It got old real quick!
- Too many claims, little results. BB Creams are supposed to be a skin care and makeup all in one. I’ve used BB Creams when they first came out. All of the claims are over-exagerrated. I have not noticed any changes in my skin from using BB Creams. It’s just another makeup product. Your best bet is to eat healthy, exercise, and stick to a skin care routine that works for your skin type.
Whew! So that’s out of the way! That’s my first impression of using elf Flawless Finish Foundation. Have you used this foundation before? Did it work for you? Share your thoughts in the comment section! Thanks!
My New Foundation: elf Flawless Finish Foundation
I purchased a new makeup foundation. No more BB Creams! I’ve used them all up! FINALLY!! This time, I purchased a liquid foundation instead. I’m excited but worried at the same time. Is it going to work? Will it break me out? Will it match my skin tone? Will it turn orange on me? Will it look natural? Will it provide good (or enough) coverage? Many, many questions come to mind. I will never know unless I give it a try.
The liquid foundation I purchased is from elf. It’s called elf Flawless Finish Foundation. It was only $6 plus tax. So cheap! The true reason why I chose this foundation is because it’s vegan and cruelty-free. ??? I’m on my way to all vegan makeup products (and skin care products)!! I had to order this foundation because they didn’t have the shade I wanted at the store (Lily). Lily is described as fairest fair with golden undertones. I’m pretty pale with neutral-yellow undertones. I can go either way. Summer is so close to being over! Hello winter? Well, not so fast! ?
More about the foundation below. ?
About elf Flawless Finish Foundation:
- Blends naturally into skin
- Semi-matte finish that lasts all day long
- Liquid formula helps restores uneven skin textures and tones for visibly brighter skin
- For all skin-types
Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12- 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG/PPG-15/15 Dimethicone, Magnesium Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
I’ll make an update on my first impression soon. Stick around for that! Have you tried elf Flawless Finish Foundation before? What are your thoughts on it? Share! ♥