My Acne Journey: 4 MONTHS!!
I’m 4 months into my acne journey! Here are my results! 😀😀😀😀😀
I stopped using salicylic acid and started using benzoyl peroxide instead. After a single night of using benzoyl peroxide, my skin looked clearer. Benzoyl peroxide helped to treat blackheads, sebaceous filaments, cysts, and all of the other acne issues I was having very quickly. Much better and more quickly compared to salicylic acid. I’m not sure if I’m going to use salicylic acid or not. Maybe later on? But right now, I’m going to stick to benzoyl peroxide. Maybe I’ll add salicylic acid when my skin adjusts to benzoyl peroxide first. I don’t want to be using too many products all at once. I want to see if benzoyl peroxide actually is working first. This is one of the benefits when it comes to having a minimal skin care routine. I know what’s working and what’s not. 👍🏻 So it was pretty exciting just seeing results the next day after using benzoyl peroxide for the first time in months (perhaps it’s been over a year?). My skin peeled so much after using benzoyl peroxide and purged. I was shedding for a few days, which was pretty awesome. My skin always looks better after a peel. After all of that shedding, my skin looked clearer, softer, and smoother. My acne is more tamed. It’s working so much better compared to tret too, which I’m still using on other days of the week when I’m not using benzoyl peroxide. It’s working… 😌👌🏻
A Recap on Skin Care Products I Stopped Using!
For the last week or so, I’ve been removing a lot of skin care products from my life. It was actually more than I thought. Here’s the list with some of my thoughts on each one after I stopped using them.
- Benton Fermentation Essence: It took me a while to remove this essence because it’s a lightweight product that sinks into the skin quickly. I didn’t think it was giving my skin any issues. But since I’ve been without it, I honestly can tell now that it didn’t do anything for my skin. It made zero difference. This essence is like applying water to the skin. Expensive water, lol.
- The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% + HA: I wanted this matrixyl product to work, but the texture of the product is not something I really miss. It absorbs into the skin well, but what comes to mind whenever I look back at this product is how plasticky the serum is. It kind of reminded me of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, which gave me one of the worse acne of my life (tons of closed comedones along the jawline that took ages to go away). It’s one of the reasons why I started to use so many skin care products to fix my skin. 😫
- Melano CC Vitamin C Essence: I’m currently using the rest of this essence on my body. So it does leave a weird residue behind on the skin? 🤔 My skin felt a little dirty with this essence on my skin. I’m not impressed anymore.
- Purito Centella Green Level Buffet Serum: I shouldn’t have stocked up on this serum, lol. I really thought it was a really good serum. Well, not anymore. I haven’t noticed a difference in my skin after I stopped using it. I’m currently using it on my body to get rid of it. It’s going to take forever, haha. I can’t believe I lasted this long on this serum. I don’t miss it at all.
- The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% Ferulic Acid 3%: This is one of the serums I actually do miss. I just wish that it wasn’t so heavy, oily, greasy feeling (like a bunch of The Ordinary products that I’ve used). Ugh! What a disappointment.
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG: I’m glad I removed this caffeine solution. My under eyes are officially restored and hydrated. This solution dried the living hell out of my under eyes even with tons of moisturizers and eye creams on top. It just didn’t work after 2 darn years.
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence: I’m officially over this essence. It didn’t do anything to help with hydration.
- Canmake Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ PA++++ (Clear): Recently removed this sunscreen from my routine and my skin feels so much better. I mean, less dry. I was wondering why my skin feels so dry all the time. Look no further, it was this sunscreen all along. Also, I can’t let go of the fact that it burned and made me freckle badly. Can’t use it in the summer, can’t use it in the winter. Out it goes! Finally.
- GUERISSON 9 Complex Cream: That silicone feel that this cream has really bothers me. It just sits on top of my skin. It also has fragrance. Sometimes I can use products with fragrance, sometimes I can’t. It depends on the product. But heavily scented/fragranced skin care products gets to me after a while. I think it’s finally getting to me. Another cream that I don’t care for anymore.
9 products down. 👀 Woohoo! And I’m back on my boring, simple, plain, whatever you want to call it skin care routine. Wow, my skin sure does look better. 😊 I’m glad I removed these products. It feels like a sense of relief! 😌
Here goes my Acne Journey if you missed out on them!!
My Acne Journey: 1 Week In…
My Acne Journey: 2 WEEKS!!
My Acne Journey: 3 Weeks Results!
My Acne Journey: 4 Weeks Results!
My Acne Journey: 5 WEEKS IN!
My Acne Journey: 6 Weeks Results…
My Acne Journey: 7 Weeks Results
My Acne Journey: 2 MONTHS!!
My Acne Journey: 2 Months + 1 Week Results!
My Acne Journey: 2 Months + 2 Weeks!
My Acne Journey: 2 Months + 3 Weeks Results!
My Acne Journey: 3 MONTHS!! 😃
My Acne Journey: 3 Months + 1 Week Results
My Acne Journey: 3 Months + 2 Weeks Results
My Acne Journey: 3 Months + 3 Week Results